Sunday, April 6, 2008

We washed windows this weekend and ran out of window cleaner. I found a recipe online for a homemade window cleaner and gave it a try. It worked just as well as the store bought, so I am going to use it all the time. I will keep the store bought spray bottles and just fill them with this recipe. I like it because it is using products that I have on hand for other uses anyway and it actually does the job as well as the store bought. I used equal parts white vinegar and warm water and added rubbing alcohol. I actually tried it without the rubbing alcohol and it cleaned the window, but the alcohol seemed to prevent running. Experiment with the amount of alcohol you like.
I also used newspapers from the recycle bin instead of paper towels(which we have always done). My husband gave me a tip----wipe one side of the window horizontal and the other sided vertical. Then if you see a streak, you will know which side needs the touch up.
We have a family birthday this week, so I am going to keep an eye out for a creative way to wrap the present without having to buy wrapping paper. I will show you the results later this week!

No comments: